Sunday, June 8, 2008

Giana... in the park

I met Giana and her mommy at the park today for the 'second half' of her 15 month shoot. With Giana being such an active toddler, I hoped that the interesting nature elements at the park - the rocks, the grass, and the water - would be a fun place for her to explore. And it was... but I'd also underestimated her hatred of the grass and ground with bare feet and how much she loves other people, especially other children.

So we started off in casual clothes, and got some pictures with Mommy once we found a mostly-kid free patch of grass and shade...
After that, we switched outfits, and managed to get a few barefoot pictures before Giana insisted we put her sandals on so she could go exploring... so we headed down to the water again...

Towards the end of our explorations I switched to Black and White... and suddenly it felt like I was photographing for a fashion magazine... I think this is where I found some of my favorite, and least traditional styled, images.
So Jenafer and Giana, thanks for spending the afternoon at the park with me. I had a lot of fun... and I hope you enjoyed your preview!

No comments: